Solved

Global Pass and several countries

• 28 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi its my first time on the Community site and I am quite a novice with travelling between countries.

My family and I (11 of us) are travelling from Australia into Edinburgh and will train down to York, onto Ireland, London and Amsterdam. From Amsterdam we are flying to Norway and then onto Venice, when we get to Venice we will again want to travel by train to Rome.

My question is can you use the same pass to travel in Venice & Rome when you are flying in between destination, say like taking a pause from the train? I hope I am explaining myself correctly?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 28 April 2023, 09:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sure you can use the same pass. There is no requirement for all your pass journeys to be connected.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you are travelling this summer you should make reservations for the Eurostar ASAP. 

There is a limited number of pass holder seats on the Eurostar between London and mainland Europe. On popular departures and during high season those sell out weeks, and sometimes months in advance.

The best place to see the availability of passholder seats and make reservations on the Eurostar is 

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

If you don't get any result, press "later trains" and eventually you will find the next available connection. 

If you have a mobile pass you need to generate a Pass Cover Number in order to make the reservation at b-europe. You do that here in the PCN generator:

https://community.eurail.com/news-and-announcements-39/pass-cover-number-generator-is-live-5653

My apologies I am new to this, I thought I was on the Eurail community site.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

My apologies I am new to this, I thought I was on the Eurail community site.

It is the same Community for Interrail and Eurail.

Interrail and Eurail work in exactly the same way. Interrail are for people living in Europe and Eurail for people living outside Europe.