Groningen to Bremen. Can this route be done by train or is the bus included?

• 18 February 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello,During my trip through Holland I want to go to Bremen in Germany from Groningen.However, to go between these two cities the schedule planner offers me a Groningen to Leer in Germany by bus then Leer Groningen by train.Is this bus included in the global pass? Do you know how I can get to Bremen only by train?Thanks for the help :)

seewulf 2 years ago

Hi

The Bus Gronningen - Leer is included (The bus is a sheduled rail replacement service of Arriva Nederlands)

Several years ago a ship hit the Bridge across the river Ems and since then the old bridge is closed and the new bridge won´t be ready before 2024 :/

You may combine Gronningen - Bremen with a nice daytrip to the German Island Borkum 🙂 Ofcourse the ferries aren´t included 😕 but you could take a train from Gronningen to Eemshaven
From here directly opposite of the station you could catch a ferry to Borkum and explore Borkum several hours before catching a Ferry back to Emden(Germany) and catch directly next to the Ferry Terminal a train to Bremen :)

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi

The Bus Gronningen - Leer is included (The bus is a sheduled rail replacement service of Arriva Nederlands)

Several years ago a ship hit the Bridge across the river Ems and since then the old bridge is closed and the new bridge won´t be ready before 2024 :/

You may combine Gronningen - Bremen with a nice daytrip to the German Island Borkum :) Ofcourse the ferries aren´t included :/ but you could take a train from Gronningen to Eemshaven
From here directly opposite of the station you could catch a ferry to Borkum and explore Borkum several hours before catching a Ferry back to Emden(Germany) and catch directly next to the Ferry Terminal a train to Bremen :)