How to get from Budapest to Athens?

• 19 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello I’m trying to plan my way from Budapest to Athens but find it quite difficult to found my way around… Does someone know how to get to Athens in the easiest possible way?

seewulf 2 years ago

Please use the search option from this community 🙂 When i search for Athens i can find a post from Yesterday with a similar question and many more in the last weeks :)

There is currently no International Train to Greece :)

Easiest Route is Train to Sofia then by non included bus to Thessaloniki and then by train to athens
Option B is a Ferry from Italy to Patras and then with inluded Bus/Rail connection to Athens :)

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Please use the search option from this community :) When i search for Athens i can find a post from Yesterday with a similar question and many more in the last weeks :)

There is currently no International Train to Greece :)

Easiest Route is Train to Sofia then by non included bus to Thessaloniki and then by train to athens
Option B is a Ferry from Italy to Patras and then with inluded Bus/Rail connection to Athens :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Easiest-by far- is fly. Try wizzair. even also direct to many GR isles in summer. Very big in HU.

But it is of course to the eternal wrath of climate heroes and a swedish lady named Gretha.