Solved

I can't find a train in south Sweden

• 4 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi, I'm planning a trip from France to Denmark via Sweden. I found all my trains to Copenhagen, but it became complicated after. I can't find any trains on the Interrail website to reach Stockholm or Oslo. Furthermore, I specify that I know there is a long distance, but that's not an issue for me, regardless of the number of connections. The website just shows me “no result”, The farthest I could reach is Göteborg, but even from here, it is impossible to reach Oslo. So there is my question: is the Swedish train system complicated, or is there another issue ? And by the way, my trip would be in June 2024; I searched for my train for the 15/06.

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 4 January 2024, 22:53

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please don't use the Interrail website or the rail planner app to plan. They're incomplete, not updated frequently enough and therefore unreliable.

Use national planners (Sweden: sj.se, Norway: entur.no) and for international journeys, use bahn.com or the DB Navigator app.

In addition, it's very well possible that not all timetables have been published yet, especially since there will be a small timetable change on 9 June.

From Göteborg, there are trains every 2 hours to Oslo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Trains in Sweden are only bookable until Easter right now and the timetable is not complete after that.

No reservation is needed on the direct trains between Göteborg and Oslo. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can look at sj.se for Saturday the 6th of April to get an idea of how the trains will run on Saturday the 15th of June.