Solved

ICE with benelux pass

• 4 February 2024
  • 4 replies

i'm living in germany and want to travel to amsterdam and brussels with the benelux one country pass. am i allowed to use the international ice trains cologne-amsterdam to get there and brussels-frankfurt for my route home? i read somewhere that ice trains are only allowed on domestic routes with the benelux pass but idk what that means.

icon

Best answer by Al_G 4 February 2024, 20:10

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

No. Benelux pass is only valid in Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg.

To use an ICE from/to Germany you would have to buy a separate ticket to/from the first station within BE/NL (or to/from the border point if such a fare is available).

IC/ICE can be used for journeys within Benelux.

To use an ICE from/to Germany you would have to buy a separate ticket to/from the first station within BE/NL (or to/from the border point if such a fare is available).

but the first and last journey from and to my home country are included in the pass. am i not allowed to use the international trains on that routes?

They are just included with a global pass.

With a Benelux pass you need to buy a separate ticket to the border.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

but the first and last journey from and to my home country are included in the pass. am i not allowed to use the international trains on that routes?

No.

All one country passes are only valid within the country*, not for journeys to the country. For this purpose BE/NL/LUX are considered one country.

IN/OUT days to use in your home country are only available on Global passes.

*Just for completeness, the Germany one country pass is an outlier with some validity outside Germany on specific trains, this is a historical allowance of the origin of the Germany pass.