Solved

Inlandbanan Train Gällivare to Östersund 2023 - Food Stop

• 24 June 2023
  • 2 replies

I know the train only started running a few days ago but need help from anyone who has done the train from Gällivare to Östersund this year (2023)

Three of us a booked to travel on 20 July Gällivare to Östersund. I see this year the southbound train stops at Arvidsjaur for 25 minutes. For 2022, the menu I downloaded off their website had a menu for Hotell Laponia but that is a 15 minutes walk from the station so won't be possible to walk from the station to buy / collect. The late afternoon stop this year I see is 45 minutes at a Vilhelmina Norra (17:01-17:46) yet the only place I can see there is Bergmans Fisk & Vilt which closes at 17:00! In 2022 the southbound train stopped at Vilhelmina in the town which is 8 minutes walk from the Hotell Wilhelmina. But no chance to make use of this year?

Do the places Inlandsbanan advertise take food orders and deliver to the train?

It's a long 14 hour journey and I'm not sure the offer on the train will be enough for everyone. Does anyone know if there is a supermarket / convenience store open at say 07:00 near Gällivare station before the train departs?

Link to 2023 timetable: https://res.inlandsbanan.se/upload/TIDTABELL_2023.pdf

icon

Best answer by dennistd 24 June 2023, 19:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2

There is a menu in the train. The train guard will ask you what your order is, and the menu will be ready at the station when the train arrives. Simply pay (by card) when you pick it up there 🤗

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Did this journey on Friday the Host asks you what you want and order it :) there 2 sheduled food stops :) You pay then (with Card) at the food stops directly.