Is this itinerary do-able

• 4 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi I'm new to interailling and have been planning a 3 week trip for August 2022 for my 50th and my sons 18th for the last 8 months.

Admittedly I have changed my route several times but I think it's getting to how I want our trip to look like.

My route is…

UK to Paris x3, Rust/Europa-Park x2, Garmisch-Partenkirchen x3, Lake Como x4, Vienna x2, Krakow x2, Berlin x3, Dortmund x2 then back to the UK.

Any information or advice will be of a great help to us. TIA 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Sounds doable maybe  one or two nights extra in Vienna (daytrip Bratislava) and Berlin (daytrip Potsdam) 

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your reply Seewulf

I have been to Bratislava before on a flight so decided on Vienna for 2 nights as a stop-gapon the way to Krakow.

And we plan a day at Wuppertal to experience the monorail from Berlin and maybe the Tropical waterpark. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

With the monorail in Wuppertal i recommend to check if this is in Service the last year it was only in operation on weekend due some technical issues. From this weekend they should operate daily but already had problems :)

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thank you for your reply Seewulf

I have been to Bratislava before on a flight so decided on Vienna for 2 nights as a stop-gapon the way to Krakow.

And we plan a day at Wuppertal to experience the monorail from Berlin and maybe the Tropical waterpark. 

Something related to monorail :) 

H-Bahn / Skytrain Dortmund/Düsseldorf :D