Solved

Mobile Pass: Does Corridor trains like Salzburg - Kufstein counts as inbound-outbound for German residents?

Hi fellow interrailers,

I’ve bought a 1 month continuous mobile pass and planning to take the trip from Vienna - Innsbruck. The trains goes through Germany without stopping for a small patch of the journey (Salzburg - Kufstein).

I’ve seen some threads here mentioning this as just a corridor which won’t be counted as inbound/outbound journey in the home country. But, as I have a mobile pass, will it also consider this corridor exception? If not, what are the other option?

I know I can take a different train to travel through Salzburg - Kufstein. Or even buy a ticket for this part of the journey to remain in the same train. But, other ideas would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 1 June 2022, 23:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It is right this is for all bahn-ideas a normal INland OeBB=Austrian train. But how it works in this app remains guessing-there have been more as 1 tipical remark that it may not work the way one thinks.

BUT: the app should always give you a warning if you post a route in your home-country-so if you get this sign, delete it and decide to: buy normal ticket (not cheap at all-check oebb.at), OR go inland via the old and much more time eating (but also much more scenic) route via Zell am See-and not Kufstein (Wórgl)

BTW-berliner: IF you maybe happen to make this trip in june and on FRIday-on these days all bus+train IN Salzburgerland is FREE=umsonst, there is also a nice bus Salzburg-Zell am See via DE/Reichenhall.

It is right this is for all bahn-ideas a normal INland OeBB=Austrian train. But how it works in this app remains guessing-there have been more as 1 tipical remark that it may not work the way one thinks.

BUT: the app should always give you a warning if you post a route in your home-country-so if you get this sign, delete it and decide to: buy normal ticket (not cheap at all-check oebb.at), OR go inland via the old and much more time eating (but also much more scenic) route via Zell am See-and not Kufstein (Wórgl)

BTW-berliner: IF you maybe happen to make this trip in june and on FRIday-on these days all bus+train IN Salzburgerland is FREE=umsonst, there is also a nice bus Salzburg-Zell am See via DE/Reichenhall.

Thanks for the info, if the pass doesn’t consider the corridor, I guess I’ll make use of the €9 ticket offer during June, July, August in Germany with all regional trains to transfer from Salzburg - Kufstein.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

When you use the corridor train, the pass may not use an inbound/outbound journey. If it does, then that would be a bug.

You can test that by entering this journey on a future date and checking the inbound/outbound journeys after adding it to your pass. You can cancel the travel day after your test.