Netherlands to Sweden

• 21 May 2023
  • 3 replies

So I had my trip planned from Amsterdam Centraal to Mälmo. The trip was meant to be Ams- Hamburg then Hamburg to Mälmo on the night train and well my 1st train left 20 minutes early. Allegedly there's some sort of works going on along the way. My alternate train from Utrecht now has put me on another IC that seemingly doesn't exist or it has already left and not at the time it says on the interrail trip planner app. Right now I'm just doing damage control because I've basically already missed my night train out of Hamburg and it's quite frustrating because it's hard finding info. Also it's Sunday and no one's here to help at this random station I'm supposed to transfer at. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Please never use Rail Planner for planning, it is quite unreliable. However it is showing the 16:49 IC at the right time (if that was your plan).

Use bahn.com or the companies websites to make your itinerary.

The night train leaves at 23:59 so you might be able to catch another connection to make it. Good luck wherever you are.

Contact customer support, explain in the title that you’re currently travelling and see if they offer some solution. It is Rail Planner’s mistake after all… do you have some screenshot ?

Yes I have all my screenshots and I'm waiting for customer support to respond so it'll be ok. I think I just needed a rant but I'm still on the move. Also, oddly enough, rail planner has been working for me for weeks now until it got to canceled trains to France. But I'll definitely have to try those other sites going forward. Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Tiredpotato The Railplanner is not online, so you must always check the departure time with the app or website of the nation railway.