Solved

planning a trip

Badge +2
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 96 replies

Hi, we are a family of 4 adults and one child 6 years old. We just bought passes for 10 days within 2 months. I was trying to find some journeys using the planner, but unfortunately i wasn't very successful. So i have following questions

1. On the 5 July late on the day or on the 6 july very early i wanted to find a connection from Vejle/Kolding in dk to Munich in de with a night express and with sleeping department, so that we would be in munich in the morning on the 6 july. i couldn't find any.

2. Generally when traveling in July during a weekdays is it always worth to make reservations also for trains which don't require one?

3. Monday, the 10 July from Ljubljana in sv to Verona in it in the morning i could find any train connections, only with some flexbus. How to find one?

4. On the 12 July from Verona to Chur in ch in the morning i only found a connection through Zurych but we wanted to take to tirano to take Bernina express or regular train on the route from there to chur. How to do it?

5. On the 14 July we wanted to take the glacier express from Chur to Zermatt, but we only found a train going through Zurych. 

6. On both the glacier express and Bernina express can we take with our passes regular train instead of this with the special names, but traveling the same route? If yes, how to find them? And do we need reservations for the regular trains?

7. On the 18 July in the morning we wanted to take a train from Geneva to Zurych, then make a stopover in Zurych for few hours and then some night train back to dk. Any suggestions how to plan this part of our trip?

Kind regards viking

icon

Best answer by Hektor 14 March 2023, 18:19

View original

156 replies

Badge +2

One more question. Is tgv like from Geneva to Paris included in the interrail pass? 

It is, but you need a reservation.

Can I buy it on sbb? How much is it? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

One more question. Is tgv like from Geneva to Paris included in the interrail pass? 

It is, but you need a reservation.

Can I buy it on sbb? How much is it? 

Check this post on where you can book:

Price is €29 in 2nd and €39 in 1st class. Also see that post for ways to make it cheaper.

Badge +2

How about TER trains, do we have to have reservation? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No seat reservations are not possible but they do not run very often.

A middle ground to save money : take the TGV within France so from Bellegarde, Mulhouse or Strasbourg -> limited 10€ fare, then 20€.

Badge +2

Does interrail pass cover public transport in Zurich or maybe some discount? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

https://www.interrail.eu/content/dam/miscellaneous/Map%20of%20Switzerland_SBB.JPG

Here is the validity map. Trams and buses are not included, trains to Uetliberg and Sihlwald are not either.

No discount.