Hi, this is my first time travelling to Europe with my partner.
He is currently a short term residence of Spain till end of April 202 & will return home. At the point of ordering the rail pass, should he still order the interrail pass?
We are travelling from 21 Mar to 2 April 2022. My itinerary is like this:
- London to Munich 23rd March apparently based on the guide from Seat61.com I can do
sleeper train option 1 from London 23rd Mar 1104am → Brussels→ Cologne -> Munich 24th Mar 7.11am
option 2 would be London 1104am → Belgium → Frankfurt → Munich 23rd 910pm (this option is search via the Rail planner app)
Possible to advice
- if i still wish to choose the sleeper train option 1, how do i reserve my ticket ensuring is a sleeper train option on OEBB website or if ticket is only available to book from train station, will it be possible to book all route reservation from Spain train stations?
- Does the Eurail pass cover my ride from London to Europe as mentioned above?
- Since I will be travelling with my partner, does the sleeper trains allows us to sleep in the 2 beds compartment?
- Munich to Paris 29th March
- Will be leaving Munich on 29th 12am/324am & arrive in Paris 29th 935am/10am with 1-2 changes between stations (please see the picture for the chosen itinerary & both options i’m saving 1 night accommodation in Munich)
- We are looking to travel to Garmisch-Partenkirchen for 2D1N (27th - 28th March) & following day to EuroPark for the day before returning back to Munich to catch the 29th midnight train. For this, we will be driving a rental car OR is there other suggestion to reach Garmisch-Partenkirchen & Europark using the Eurail pass or relevant passes that is departing from Munich (cheaper option)?
- Factoring the above, the initial pass i am looking to purchase would be 4 days but if there is cheaper alternative with using the pass, do I need to increase the travel days?
- How does the benefit of the pass works? Does transport from the benefit considers a travel day ?
- Paris to Barcelona / Montserrat 31st March
I’m deciding between a sleeper train that leave Paris on 31 March 914pm via Perpignan arriving at 1st April 831am & leaving at 1112am and arrive in Barcelona 1st April 1234pm or direct train from Paris 1010 am/ 1152pm to Barcelona 454pm/732pm. The reason why I'm hesitating to take the direct as I wanted to spend more time in Paris before heading to Spain.
- Again, factoring if I were to take a sleeper train. Is transiting at Perpignan on 1st April count as 1 travel day ?
- How do i make reservation on https://www.sncf-connect.com/ / www.renfe.com / https://www.thetrainline.com/ with the Eurail pass? As I tried to enter the loyalty card, I could only see RailPlus. Is RailPlus referring to Eurail?
- Barcelona / Montserrat to Madrid 2nd April
Thank you for helping out !! Would deeply appreciate.
Best answer by seewulfView original