Short Transfer time (10 and 6 minutes). Is that possible?

Hello, I’m looking to book a train from Paris to Zermatt. There are two short transfers -- one at Strasbourg station (10 mins) and another at Visp station (6 mins). Is it advisable to book this train ticket? Need some advice, thank you very much!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I don't know about Strasbourg but in Visp there is no problem to change trains in 6 minutes. 

Hello, I’m looking to book a train from Paris to Zermatt. There are two short transfers -- one at Strasbourg station (10 mins) and another at Visp station (6 mins). Is it advisable to book this train ticket? Need some advice, thank you very much!

Why do you book tickets for this trains? Aren’t you using a pass (as this is the eurail / interrail community)? 

Why I ask: With a rail pass you normally don’t need any kind of reservation for the trip Strasbourg to Zermatt. If you’ll miss the train at Strasbourg, most of the time you simply take the next one 30 minutes later (as long if it’s not the last connection of the day) (may be 60 minutes sometimes).  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In V you have to find last train OUT of station-on forecourt. hance the rather long (for the swiss) time!

Normal should be 2 - 3 mins!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

In V you have to find last train OUT of station-on forecourt. hance the rather long (for the swiss) time!

Normal should be 2 - 3 mins!

I see you haven't been to Visp for a long time. In Visp, the platforms were reorganised with the opening of the Lötschberg base tunnel in 2007. Since then, there are no more trains in front of the station building; they're now all next to each other.