Solved

Train from Munich to St. Moritz-Kitzbuel Austria and return to Munich. Advice needed.

• 21 December 2021
  • 6 replies

I need help/advice for the following itinerary by train. Thank you.

Feb 20 - Munich to St. Moritz

Feb 25 - St. Moritz to Kitzbuehel, Austria

March 2 - Kitzbuehel - Munich 

icon

Best answer by seewulf 21 December 2021, 21:07

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What kind of help do you need?

To plan these journeys, please do not use the rail planner app (it's not reliable enough) but check the DB (German), ÖBB (Austrian) or SBB (Swiss) planners.

Reservations for these journeys are not needed.

Many thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Several options are possible

most direct route Munich - St.Magarethen - Chur/Landquart - St.Moritz

St.Moritz - Kitzbühl i recommend to catch the EC163 Transalpin :)
St.Moritz - Landquart/Chur - Sargans - EC163 directly to Kitzbühl :)

I recommend to catch atleast once the direct trains from Chur to St.Moritz (as it´s the famous Albula Route that is even Part of the Glacier express route)

Kitzbühl - Munich i suggest 3 different Routes :D 
Kitzbühl - Wörgl - Munich (fastest Route)
Kitzbühl - Innsbruck & then directly via Garmisch Patenkirchen to Munich (pretty scenic)
Kitzbühl - Salzburg - Munich (maybe have a stopover of few hours in Salzburg)

Appreciate the advice. Thank you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

And have plan B ready- at the mo Austria is about every day making more severe restrictions due to the new covid/omi pandemic-it may mean you have to do quarantine for 7 or even 10 days. This also depends on your nationality and how long you stay in DE before the trip.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

And have plan B ready- at the mo Austria is about every day making more severe restrictions due to the new covid/omi pandemic-it may mean you have to do quarantine for 7 or even 10 days. This also depends on your nationality and how long you stay in DE before the trip.

Nationality is usually not relevant in these cases but rather where you've been in the 10-14 days before entering the country.