Solved

TRAIN JOURNEY IN NORWAY

• 12 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Me and my Mum are flying to Oslo on Wednesday 10th May and trying to sort the best train journeys out for the 5 days. Flying back out of Oslo to UK on Monday 15th May in the evening…

We are on the Interrail site (going around and around) trying to work out the best journeys starting from the Thursday 11th May from Oslo and then back to Oslo maybe morning of the 15th May…

We need to book hotels etc so have to sort the train journeys out first and are not sure which way round so we can see everything.

So Maybe Oslo to Trondheim

Trondheim to Andalenes 

Andalenes to Flam maybe

then back to Oslo

Not sure this is possible any suggestions please so she can see the main tourist sites in the time we have and I can look at where we can stop the night.

ANY HELP PLEASE!

Sam 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 12 April 2023, 19:53

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For starters: don't use the Interrail website to plan but use www.entur.no. Seat reservations can also be sourced from Entur, either by calling them (add +47 for Norway) or by using the chat on their website. They also sell tickets Myrdal-Flåm with Interrail discount.

Maybe also look at a map of the Norwegian rail network to see where you can go.

You can connect e.g. Bergen and Stavanger with a nice bus ride along the coast . The bus uses 2 ferries on its route.