Solved

Traveling from UK as European union citizen

• 9 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello guys

Does anybody of you have experience traveling from UK to France, Germany, Czech Republic (probably Belgium or Netherland) as I plan to go back home after almost 2 years locked here in UK (to Slovakia) and I'm thinking if anybody can give me some tips how you traveled especially now during Corona times ... How were the borders, did they check some document, which documents I have to have. 

I checked my route and it should go to Paris then Frankfurt then Prague or Vienna and to Slovakia 

Thanks a lot

icon

Best answer by seewulf 9 August 2021, 12:30

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Germany and Italy send France back on the Red list means even with Vaccination a test is needed :/

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Easiest Route so far is London - Brussels - Frankfurt - Vienna - Slovakia 

Or London - Brussels - Cologne - Berlin - Slovakia 

For germany you have to be fully vacinated or a Antigentest is needed :/ In case of Transit you have to Show your route :) Acutal the checks are not so frequent but they start Controlling more and more :/

I hope as I want to do really just 1 way trip to Slovakia and then 1 way trip back to UK, they won't mind if I do just a transit through these countries. Maximum, change train in each country if necessary :) 

Thanks a lot for answer. I just had a problem to find Informations if I'm transiting .. :) everywhere I found just what you have to do if you come to that country and stay :) 

How about some location documents? Some countries I know asked to fill some location form before entering, am I right? :) 

Another fun will be my UK vaccination pass 😆 I'm curious how often I meet some control which will say they don't accept it ... Ahh I just love this things :)))

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Belgium use the Standard european Translocation form :) 

Germany have its own where you have to Upload your Vaccination proof 🤣

I know that some of my friends could get their UK VC Passport translated into the European one :) (If vaccinated by from the EU recognised Vaccination brand) 

There is often no Transit exception anymore :/

Belgium use the Standard european Translocation form :) 

Germany have its own where you have to Upload your Vaccination proof 🤣

I know that some of my friends could get their UK VC Passport translated into the European one :) (If vaccinated by from the EU recognised Vaccination brand) 

There is often no Transit exception anymore :/

Do you have an idea where I can apply for European Covid pass if I have UK one with a European Union accepted vaccine :) 

Thanks a lot