Trusted Tourist Guide Forum?

• 14 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 15 replies

Trusted Tourist Guide Forum?

This will be my very first to visit the EU and I have no clue of where to go or how to get there. I am planning on buying a Global Pass and see what happens.

Is there a forum (I don’t use social media), that I could trust with Q&A information?

seewulf 2 years ago

@Hector 

A general tourist guide forum for Europe?
or a Forum for Eurailpass?

This community is a Forum for & from Eurail and Interrail useres supervised by few members of Eurail Social Media team 🙂 They read the post and correct answers if there is something wrong 🙂 You have here from beginners like you up to experts every kind of Traveler :)
But it´s not just for Eurail related questions you can get here quite a lot suggestions about places to see :) 

A general tourist guide forum for Europe.
You may consider https://www.tripadvisor.com/ (covers not just Europe). or you just visit the websites of the Cities,Countries or regions you intend to travel. Almost all touristic regions in europe have a own Website aimed for Tourists :)
You can find them easily via google :)

Maybe you already have a Route through Europe in your mind and let us know then we can suggest Cities to visit, things to do along your Route :)

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Hector 

A general tourist guide forum for Europe?
or a Forum for Eurailpass?

This community is a Forum for & from Eurail and Interrail useres supervised by few members of Eurail Social Media team :) They read the post and correct answers if there is something wrong :) You have here from beginners like you up to experts every kind of Traveler :)
But it´s not just for Eurail related questions you can get here quite a lot suggestions about places to see :) 

A general tourist guide forum for Europe.
You may consider https://www.tripadvisor.com/ (covers not just Europe). or you just visit the websites of the Cities,Countries or regions you intend to travel. Almost all touristic regions in europe have a own Website aimed for Tourists :)
You can find them easily via google :)

Maybe you already have a Route through Europe in your mind and let us know then we can suggest Cities to visit, things to do along your Route :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

TrAdv is the biggest (by far now) and best known general info-forum. It aims mostly completely clueless USAers. Note: it also very often advsies against travelling by railpass, due to the also here so often mentioned problems with REServations and Supplements. Be smarter and use this forum to learn about how best to handle that.

Alas, my own liking was the old Thorntree by LOnelyplanet Guidebooks-but they have stopped this when pandemic broke out. Maybe it comes back to life again. It was far more aimed at younger people, on a budget and who have basic knowledge about how to travel

Badge

Thank and yes the questions was intended for normal tourism although the reply did make me think that the question does apply to both normal town tourism and the rail.

Perhaps I will post my questions here for both situations of where I want to visit and what would be the best way to get there.

I am kind of a last minute person, as I “suck” at planning, to much work lol..