Solved

Which pass would suit our travel plans most!

• 28 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi there - in need of some helpful advice from fellow interrail travelers! My partner Harry Marshall is doing a running challenge for charity which will consist of running 10 MARATHONS in 10 DAYS in 10 COUNTRIES! Which is why Europe is the perfect place - exact route & dates are still to be confirmed and it’s going to take an a crazy amount of planning. We have a rough idea of July 2024. We are UK citizens but currently living in Canada. After the intense 10 days we plan to holiday for around 1 week so will require a pass to get us by for more than 10 days. 
Anyway, I’m beginning to look at passes and wondered what pass people would suggest. I’m thinking 1st class tickets as I’m assuming these cabins will be more comfortable for my partners recovery! 
Any help would be amazing, and if you’re a runner we should put you in touch and you could come join him! He’s sure gonna need the company. 
I’d be grateful to hear your thoughts on this! Thanks again, Morgan 

icon

Best answer by ralderton 28 December 2023, 23:22

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which countries do you expect to be in?

A pass is flexible, but tends to be less flexible in France, Spain and Italy.

Will these be mass event marathons, or self-organised? And will they start and end close to train stations? As much as I prefer trains, I wonder if a rental car might be better - as a support car, depending on the location? Especially if the start and finish won’t be fixed