Would Interrail pass for a Brest (France) to Berlin (Germany) 2 way trip work?

• 28 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello,

First time user here, i’d like to know if Interrail pass for a Brest (France) to Berlin (Germany) 2 way trip would work ?

We plan to go there around May 2022 and Interrail is cheaper than ordering directly from french rail company (SNCF).

I guess i would take the 4 day 1 month pass.

Thank you for your help.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It would work but it's not necessarily cheaper if you're just making this return trip.

If you want to compare prices, also check the Deutsche Bahn website, because SNCF often don't sell saver ticket (Sparpreis) for Germany and their website is rather limited (max. 2 changes). DB do sell however the cheap SNCF offers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Also note that with IR you have to pay for the needed REServations on TGV-thats at last 10 eur (bot often 20 when train is populair) on SNCF/domestic and up to 35 for FR-DE. YOu can cut this by using slower, more local trains, but from Brest this is near impossible. Plus that doing that it may take more as a full day to reach Berlin from Brest.

OTOH IR offers much more flexibility and chances to make stops en route. In Germany you do not need to REServe all trips, but run the risk of not finding a seat and have to stand.