Solved

Zagreb to Pragersko

• 7 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi all. I booked a reservation with OBB to take a train from Zagreb Glavni Kol. to Budapest Kelenfoeld, changing at Pragersko. The first train was due to depart from Zagreb at 07.05 on 18/07/23 but has now been cancelled. OBB have sent an email to say there will be a rail replacement bus as far as Savski Marof. However, to get from Savski Marof to Pragersko, it apparently involves taking three regional trains and a 50 min walk across the Croatia-Slovenia border (Harmica to Dobrov).

Does anyone know of a better way to get to Pragersko from Zagreb? The suggested route seems extremely time consuming and complex, and I cannot understand why the rail replacement bus is only going as far as Savski Marof. Taking this route would make it impossible for me to get to Pragersko in time for my connection.

According to Rome2Rio one can take a bus from Zagreb to Maribor and then a short train from there to Pragersko. I am thinking that this seems to be a better option, but I would appreciate any input from anyone who knows the Croatian/Slovenian transport system.

Thanks for your help!

icon

Best answer by Mukhammad 17 July 2023, 12:19

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @helloyesjones, did you find any solution related to your journey?

If not, you're welcome to contact our customer service team by submitting a request via https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001

I hope there will be a feasible solution for the connection!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

ÖBB say there's a direct bus from Zagreb at 6:30 to Savski Marof:

I think this means the train runs from Savski Marof. I can't find any information about that on the HZPP website. Sounds like a good idea to ask today at the station in Zagreb.