Book via Rail Erope $43

Book via Trentitaila $132.18

icon

Best answer by ralderton 22 December 2023, 08:04

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

So as Al said, you're overthinking it. Trains never sell out so far in advance.

Please use € prices if you want better help. Those prices are converted (and not necessarily at a favorable rate).

Trenitalia offers regular tickets only, that's why it's a lot more expensive. Eurail charges a 2€ fee per person per train (no seat selection) while RailEurope doesn't have fees and you can select the seat on a map.

Choose RailEurope when you're sure you're taking that train. Feel free to book closer to travel date.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, the Eurail site charges a fee of €2 per ticket. That would account for the extra $7.

i don’t think anyone has experience of booking with Raileurope, because they only launched Eurail reservation service yesterday!

But that’s the correct price. Book it!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I’ve booked it - my first booking done! I don’t know why, but the RailEurope site gels with me. It seemed much easier to use and more straightforward than the others. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Great. Hopefully your trip is starting to come together now!

Yes, it looks like a much cleaner site from what I’ve seen.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Yes thanks. It’s starting to happen. That Rail Europe web site seems so much easier to use. I still have a few questions but will try to get as much out of the way as I can first, then raise my remaining queries.