Solved

2th class Pass

• 1 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello everyone! 

It's my first time to do an Interrail and I'm a little confused. I need help and hope that someone can help me. 

I checked the FAQ in the Rail planner app and I found out that it's not possible to go in a first class train if I have a second class Pass. 

First of all, I had problems to find trains that go to Stockholm or Norway in the interrail website, so at the end I booked a train ticket in the site "www.sj.se". I decided to book a first class ticket because I thought that this was possible, but reading that news now I believe that I made a mistake. Is this true? Please help and thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 1 November 2022, 20:00

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can't travel with a 1st class reservation if you have a 2nd class pass so you need to change your reservation. 

If you have an Interrail pass you don't need a ticket as the pass is your ticket so I hope that you mean that you made a reservation at sj.se and not bought a ticket.

Thank you Anna! Yes, I mean that I made a reservation at sj.se. Do you know already this site? It showed that I could have added my pass and select a timetable and also first or second class. It is strange that It allowed me to made a reservation for the first class if it was not possible, isn't It? 

It works maybe that it is not possible only on interrail.eu, but in this scandinavian site it is possibile?!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Anna IS fra Sverige and has some contacts with SJ=the TrenSweden like TrenItalia.

The proper way to make a RES on sj.se is to open the PRIO window and scroll down till you find ´INter/EUrail´ and add the pass cover nr (you have to generate that from the site if you hold a mobile pass-it is printed on backside of paper pass.

NOT all trains can be RES via sj-as some are run by VY, originally the Norske TrenNorway.

In general forget the app etc rom INterrail-you can also save money and trouble (no paper post to send) by using other means-tjhe national train sites. Ciao e buone viaggio.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you Anna! Yes, I mean that I made a reservation at sj.se. Do you know already this site? It showed that I could have added my pass and select a timetable and also first or second class. It is strange that It allowed me to made a reservation for the first class if it was not possible, isn't It? 

It works maybe that it is not possible only on interrail.eu, but in this scandinavian site it is possibile?!

Basically, the website doesn't know what class your pass has.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Maddalena la Micela 

It is your responsibility to buy a reservation for the correct class. As @rvdborgt writes, the website of the national railway doesn't know which type of pass you have.

No matter if you make a reservation at sj.se, bahn.com or ÖBB you need to select the correct class.