A seat reservation is fully booked. What to do?

• 3 February 2022
  • 7 replies

We organized our trip but when we started to book the seat reservations it was indicated fully booked. Pls find other way to book.

What can we do. Is it only full for pass holders?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@freekramaekers 

We need to know which route to beable to help :)

Which Route Wich Time?

Otherwise we can give just the general answer try to reserve directly with the operator (with luck online, by phone or at the ticket office) or find another Route :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@freekramaekers , what route (including date and time) are you trying to book? Some trains have limited seats for Pass holders so in that case it can be that full fare tickets are still available. If you can provide the details, we can advise you. Cheers, 

We tried to make reservations for 8 people on the train aachen to Rovereto(it)..

We got a message that the seats where not available. However when we tried to make reservations for 4 people we succeeded!

Also for the next 4 people. It seems that there is a limit on the number of people you can make a reservation for at one time.

It would be very handy if this was somewhere mentioned. It would have saved us hours of time and frustration.

Put it under the heading " How to make a group reservation" 

Thank you for your reply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I am glad you have been able to make your reservation. The limit on number of people is new to me so let me further investigate. Can you specify what train(s) from Aachen to Rovereto including date and time? 

We were trying to book on the train on april 20, 2022:

Aachen 07:39 to Frankfurt 09:17

Frankfurt 0936  to Munchen 13:06

Munchen to Rovereto

With 8 persons we got a message that the seats were not available. This was only shown at the point of payment.  With 4 persons there was no problem.

The same happens for the return trip.

We called also the NS office but they couldn’t help us.

I hope you can do something to avoid that other people run into the same problem

Regards

Freek

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

We were trying to book on the train on april 20, 2022:

Aachen 07:39 to Frankfurt 09:17

Frankfurt 0936  to Munchen 13:06

Munchen to Rovereto

With 8 persons we got a message that the seats were not available. This was only shown at the point of payment.  With 4 persons there was no problem.

Reservations for these trains are optional but with 8 people it's sensible to get them. You can book these reservations in 2 groups (e.g. 4 + 4 persons) for only 4 EUR per person on the Deutsche Bahn website (click on "Seat only”). In the ICEs to Munich, you can choose your seats, in the EC it seems you can't. For 4 EUR per person, you'll then have reservations in all 3 trains. The Interrail website will probably charge 8 EUR per person per train, which is 6 times as much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Just to inform everyone on the topic: Our Customer Support is double checking if there is a limit, we are not aware of and are further investigating using the information provided. Once I know more, I will update it here. Cheers,