Solved

Accidentally booked from Venice Mestre instead or S Lucia

I'm going from Venice (S. Lucia) to Vienna on the Obb nightjet, but accidentally only reserved from Venice (Mestre) because that was the default that came up in the reservation tool and i didn't realise where the different stations were. Can i get on the train at S. Lucia anyway, or do i need to book an additional reservation for that portion (or go on an earlier S. Lucia to Mestre train that doesn't need a reservation)? I've got quite a few bags so would ideally like to avoid an extra change, but also baulk at paying what looks like 16 euros for a reservation for the S. Lucia to Mestre portion of the journey! 

icon

Best answer by Al_G 8 July 2022, 04:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I’d hazard a guess that people make that mistake regularly.

Add the journey to your pass for S. Lucia and just board there, it won’t be a problem.

Just to update - nobody came round to check tickets etc. until after we’d left Mestre - and the conductor saw we’d got on at S. Lucia but didn’t bat an eyelid. It also turned out we’d booked to Wien Miedling rather than Wien hbf, but no issues there either. I guess I’m too used to UK stations where the automatic barriers don’t have any margin for error...