Solved

Accidentally bought the wrong date for Eurostar, can I still use it one day afterwards?

• 8 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi all, 

Curious if any of you had experiences using Eurostar reservations for a different date than reserved date? I wanted to buy a new one, but it is now sold out for ALL departure times. 

Any tips? Do you think I would get in trouble? 

Cheers.

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 8 September 2022, 14:26

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can not use the Eurostar reservation for another train than the train that the reservation is made for. You will not be able to pass the gates without a valid reservation.

Thanks. Totally forgot that they go through very thorough screening beforehand… I guess the ferry it is….

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You should be able to change via E* themselves or even make the correct booking for less than a ferry.

Remember a reservation is not linked to a travel day so even if you write off this reservation you still keep the travel day for the actual day you want.

You should be able to change via E* themselves or even make the correct booking for less than a ferry.

Remember a reservation is not linked to a travel day so even if you write off this reservation you still keep the travel day for the actual day you want.

Thanks! Unfortunately, the date I want to leave is full booked. And since a cancellation of the reservation does not give a refund, I doubt there will be spaces opening up closer to the travel date :(. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Assuming you have contacted E*and they can't  change it, you could consider a full price ticket for that train or another at a different time.

I know my recent reservation was transferable with a fee. 

Check your ticket.