All seat reservations options show an exclamation mark

• 2 February 2022
  • 16 replies

Hello guys,
We have problems in general to reserve any train piece. Because in all options appears only an exclamation mark so with is not possible for us to see the price or to put a selected reservation in the samples. 

We need help very urgently. 
 Thank you

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

So then state what trip, what day, what was desired.

Quite often people start complaining or asking before they have informed themselves of the sometimes quite different or even bewildering other rules in other countries. F.e. in some you canNOT even reserve online-have to go to ticket counter, show pass and explain what you want. Or people try to book trains of companies that are not accepting these passes.

For several other countries it is possible to book only the REServation online on the site of the railway of that country. Again its most often detailed in the country information on this site.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Lena Gutwein 

Which Train? Welcher Zug? (Route/Strecke)
Date? Datum?

If you provide these Informations it´s easier for us to assit you.
Wenn du uns diese Informationen gibst könnten wir dir viel besser helfen.

@seewulf 

hab Mal als Beispiel den Zug von Stockholm nach kiruna am 15. März. Dabei geht es um den Nachtzug. Aber auch an jedem anderen Tag und auch auf anderen Strecken kann ich keinen Zug auswählen um zu reservieren 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I see no problems:

In general though, for trains in Sweden, the SJ website works better (you can also book couchette or sleeper there) and is cheaper, since Interrail has extra charges. The only thing you need is a pass cover number. If you have a mobile pass, then you can request a pass cover number here.

Leider sieht es bei mir so aus und ich finde den Grund dafür nicht 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I'm not sure if you see the availability without having an Interrail pass in your account. Otherwise, standard advice for a website that has strange beehaviour:

1. Clear the browser cache (Ctrl+Shift+Delete in Chrome).
  2. Delete all cookies for this website:

Or try another browser.

@rvdborgt I have a paper pass but do not know how to add it to my account

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have a paper pass but do not know how to add it to my account

Good point. I have a number of expired passes in there, mobile and paper, but I don't see any hints about how to add another paper pass. Nor do I remember how I added the paper passes there.

@Nanja, Are there any instructions available how to add a paper pass to your account? I'd expect them here or here, for example.

@rvdborgt Then that is definitely the problem. I just unfortunately do not know how to add it and get nowhere 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rvdborgt Then that is definitely the problem. I just unfortunately do not know how to add it and get nowhere 

If you have a paper pass, then you already have a pass cover number and you can also use the SJ website to book.

@rvdborgt This example is of course easy but I wanted to book many other trips in other countries so it would be easier via the Interrail app. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rvdborgt This example is of course easy but I wanted to book many other trips in other countries so it would be easier via the Interrail app. 

Yes, it should work of course. Until now though, I've been able to avoid booking reservations via Interrail. I don't like paying their extra fees…

Deutsche Bahn should also be able to book this one (and many others), but only at the ticket office or via the phone (+49 30 2970 or the international service directly at 030 5512 if you're in Germany; collect from a DB ticket machine or via the post).

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Lena Gutwein and rvdborgt, you can import a Pass logging into your account - clicking on your profile icon in the top right corner

→ click on '’trips & travellers'’, create a trip (if you don't have one yet), add a traveller and fill out the traveller details and Pass information (you can select paper or mobile pass). This is the page where it is explained. I trust this helps. Cheers, 

@Nanja  @rvdborgt Thanks for your tips but I have already created a trip and still it does not work. I don't know what else it could be. Thanks anyway I will just book through other portals 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Nanja  @rvdborgt Thanks for your tips but I have already created a trip and still it does not work. I don't know what else it could be. Thanks anyway I will just book through other portals 

"It does not work” is difficult to troubleshoot. Do you mean you still see the grey exclamation marks when you look up a train? Is your trip selected when you look up a train schedule? Otherwise, it's probably best to ask customer service and include screenshots of the problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Lena, can you please share some screenshots of your trips & traveler environment and the reservation page. Did you purchase your Pass with us directly? This way we can best help you. You can also contact Customer Support for further assistance.