Solved

Amsterdam-Copenhagen Transfer through Homecountry

• 13 September 2022
  • 14 replies

Hey!
I am currently in Amsterdam, travelling with Interrail, Global Pass.
Tomorrow I want to travel to Kopenhagen. Unfortunatly, I have to travel through germany. 
I used one of my two rides inside/outside my homecountry (Germany) for travelling to Amsterdam.
As I have to travel back home, i have to use the second ride.

Am I really supposed to buy an extra Ticket for all the way from Amsterdam to Kopenhagen???! I can't transver germany because i'm from.german? A direct train is also not available from Amsterdam to Kopenhagen. Maybe I could avoid the "Home Country Ride"
Can you help me out? Its my first time travelling with Interrail, and I would be really disappointed if i have to buy that expensive extra Ticket!

Thank you all!

Cheers, Jonas

icon

Best answer by mcadv 13 September 2022, 14:37

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Haste ne mobilpass oder Papier? Und wo wohnste denn?

Ja-du muss die Streck IN DE (ab grenze bis grenze) zuzahlen-ODER-deshalb Wohnort? die letzte strecke am ende -ab wo du dann bist/grenze bis Heim. Mit MObilpass geht das an sich sehr leicht-du hast ja 2 tage die du AUCH im Heimland verreisen darfst, mit papier kónnte es etwas schwieriger auskommen. Ausserdem soll alles doch in 1 Tag geschehen.

Achtung! Da ich selber gerade letzten Wo-end diese Reise Rúck bis nach NL=meinheim gemacht habe-es gab wieder laengere BAUarbeiten in NL-deshalb fuhren die EC Ams-Berlin (OSnabrück umstieg) gar nicht.

Schaut auf bahn.de ob es noch eine Sparpreis (kurze: Hengelo-Padborg, da die nie bis/ab Grenze gelten), oder möglich Flixbus könnte billiger auskommen. oder ws dann letztendlich-falls du alles planen kannst am Ende Gr-Zuhause kosten wurde. Schade das es kein 9€ mehr gibt-saubillig, aber langsamer.

Es soll dich doch geografisch wohl deutlich sein das eine Umrundung von DE-technisch an sich machbar, ziemlich aufwendig sein wurde-und dabei auch immer eine gar nicht gratis Bootsfahrt dabei haben wird.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Depending on where you live in Germany it may be cheaper to buy a ticket from your re-entry on your final trip home. That will give you chance to look for a saver fare or slower cheaper options.

It may even be worth checking whether there are any low cost flights to near home.

Danke für deine schnelle Antwort!

Ich habe einen Mobile-Pass.

Am Ende der Reise werde ich von Stockholm nach Berlin mit dem Nachtzug reisen. Dafür benötige ich den zweiten Tag der fürs Heimatland geht. 

Ich wohne in Süddeutschland und werde das letzte Stück von Berlin nach München selbst zahlen.

Ich hatte allerdings nicht erwartet, dass ich bei einem Transver vom Heimatland nochmals einen Tag opfern muss. 

Dann schau ich mich wohl mal um Alternativen um…

Danke für deine Hilfe!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Sorry to give you more bad news - If you use the second day to cross Germany you will need to pay from the border, not Berlin, on your return.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I am sure you have checked but D bahn is showing Hengelo to Padborg (the cross german route) would be about 80 euro tomorrow.

@Yorkie yeah! Just in this moment I saw it.

I think this is how I so it.

With Interrail Amsterdam-Hengelo, Hengelo-Padborg with DB, and Padborg-Kopenhagen with Interrail again. I think thats the best solution in terms of money and time.. 

Thank you all so much!!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Yorkie yeah! Just in this moment I saw it.

I think this is how I so it.

With Interrail Amsterdam-Hengelo, Hengelo-Padborg with DB, and Padborg-Kopenhagen with Interrail again. I think thats the best solution in terms of money and time.. 

Thank you all so much!!! 

Possibly telling you the obvious, but as long as you pre buy the Hen-Pad ticket before boarding and add the two IR legs in your pass you will not need to change trains at Hen or Pad . Any reservations you may have will be valid, however you balance your tickets.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Wenn der Preis morgen 80€ ist, dann sollte eine Probe-BahnCard (ab €17,90) gleich lohnen:

https://www.bahn.de/angebot/bahncard#probebahncard

@Yorkie You're right. I won't change trains. Only the ticket will change.

@rvdborgt jap! Ich wollte mir so oder so eine My Bahncard 50 kaufen, da ich im Wintersemester das studieren beginne und sie sich dann definitiv lohnt. 

Habe ich jetzt gemacht und bin somit auf 60€ für das Stück durch Deutschland gekommen...leider immer noch schwach von Interrail und so teuer, das sich fast ein Flug lohnen würde..aber was soll's.

Tomorrow I will travel to Copenhagen! Thank you all!! You helped me a lot! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Regarding your trip back from Stockholm to München you don't need to pay the trip from Berlin to München. You can use your inbound travel day for that.

You need to split your journey from Stockholm to Berlin in 2 parts. A first part from Stockholm to Padborg in Denmark and a second part from Padborg to Berlin. The train passes Padborg around 02.52. This will make the arrival day of the night train in Berlin your inbound travel day and you can then continue to München on your inbound travel day. 

@AnnaB Wow that's actually really smart! Thank you so much for that information! 

If you know the tricks, you can make much more with your ticket than I thought until now..

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Jonas Steinmaier If Padborg doesn't show in the planner for Snälltåget from Stockholm, then you need to add the journeys to/from Padborg manually. That's no problem to do like that. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@AnnaB Wow that's actually really smart! Thank you so much for that information! 

If you know the tricks, you can make much more with your ticket than I thought until now.

It's actually a workaround for a bug...

@AnnaB Alright, thanks a lot!

@rvdborgt Well,... jep,..you got a point there..