Solved

are the reservation fees for an overnight train payable by every member of the family?

• 24 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Sorry if this is a silly question.  We are hoping to Inter rail this summer as a family of four - the reservation fee is showing as 46 euros for the Paris to Barcelona overnighter but it doesn’t specify if that is per person or not.  Just trying to make sure we have all the costs tallied before we proceed- thanks!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 24 April 2022, 20:17

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no direct Paris to Barcelona night train, so which trains exactly is this? Please specify date and departure time.

Thanks for replying

Yes, it’s is not direct, there is one change but it was showing when I searched ,   It  is more the requirement that I am querying - if there are four people does the reservation fee have to be paid by all four ( on any train route )  or just for the booking?

thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, it’s is not direct, there is one change but it was showing when I searched ,   It  is more the requirement that I am querying - if there are four people does the reservation fee have to be paid by all four ( on any train route )  or just for the booking?

Every person needs to pay the reservation fee. If you indicate that you're with 4, then the fee will be for 4 persons.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

IF you mean the -not daily-reinstated Overnight from P to FR/ES border (Port BOu) then a seat for 1 is 10€ (or 20 if the quota is expired-these trains seem to have plenty seats though) OR 21,50 for ´couchette´= bunk lie-down bench (not a real sleeper-FR does not have them).

IR-app charges 2€ extra for the honor of doing the REServ-s to me it seems it has to be 40+4x2=48. UNless 1 of the kids is <4?

Note that IF this is the train you take-you need a new travelday for nest morning the RENFE Rodalies tren to BCN-or simply pay local tickets, which may work out cheaper