Solved

Are the stops shown on the railway map the only option? Going to Switzerland and do not see Interlaken on the map.

• 22 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi Everyone! I will be in Europe for 3 weeks traveling to Spain, Italy, and Switzerland. During out time in Switzerland we’re hoping to visit Interlaken, Grindelwald, and Zurich. When looking at the railway map, the only stop in that area is Bern, does that mean there is no train available to go to the other cities? 

I got the app to see if there are trains that run to the area and it does show stop stops in Interlaken, I’m just confused as to why it does not show on the map. I’m wondering if maybe a different pass is required or it would cost extra to get to these cities. I appreciate anyone’s help on this, thanks!

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 22 November 2023, 21:01

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Of course not ! The Eurail map is very very incomplete. Most European trains are included. The coverage works by train companies so most of Switzerland is covered.

There is an annoying exception though : Interlaken Ost - Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald and above is not included. You do get a 25% discount though, tickets available at all Swiss counters.