Balkan route and train reservations

• 23 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello!☀️

My plan is to interrail now on Sunday 27/7 but I’m really struggling to find train connections on these routes.

Stockholm

Berlin

Amsterdam

Ljubljana 

Mostar

Skopje

Thessaloniki 

Piraeus

Mykonos

Has someone done a similar trip or even now if it’s possible to implement?

I find routes from Stockholm-Berlin-Amsterdam and also from Thessaloniki Piraeus-Mykonos but I’m really struggling with the ones in the middle😕

I am also wondering if someone knows how to easiest book reservations? For Stockholm-Berlin I can’t do it in the app and can't find any other website.

If you have any tips, experiences och solutions please PM me or comment below🥰🌻

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Ljubljana - Mostar you can get till split by Train from Split by Bus to Mostar then by train to Sarajevo  actual there is no International Train service to Bosnia, North Macedonia and Greece the best options down there are actual Buses that aren´t included in your interrail pass

Thank you for your answer! I thought that there was something called hellas express that would go between Skopje and Thessalonikis but then I will probably stick to buses.:slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you for your answer! I thought that there was something called hellas express that would go between Skopje and Thessalonikis but then I will probably stick to buses.:slight_smile:

"was” is correct…

Maybe it will come back some time but not this year.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yeah there was a train but since covid not in Service (before that only in Summer and just till the Greek Border from there was s bus replacement)