Solved

Barcelona-Sants Seat Reservation

• 6 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Where at Barcelona Sants Station can I buy reservations for AVE trains? 

icon

Best answer by Schelte 6 February 2023, 23:39

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

At the Renfe long distance ticket booths in the main hall.

Note there can be quite a queue (they work with a number system), but it varies depending on the moment. If you're in Barcelona for longer note you can also do so at Barcelona-Estació de França (where queues are probably shorter) and possibly at more stations (I've made bookings in the past at a station that wasn't listed on the list provided by Interrail).

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I'm not sure if they can make reservations at the Renfe service desk within the departures area. If you arrive from Paris (and use the stairs instead of the escalators - the escalators lead to outside the security perimeter if I'm not mistaken) that might be worth asking. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Cannot do the latter-of course can only do when they also accept paying-and that should still include cash. Perhaps can do if foned/RES advance and only have to collect that ticket etc

I also highly doubt if they let you onto an AVE without that airport-imi style luggage check if coming directly from the Francia!?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Cannot do the latter-of course can only do when they also accept paying-and that should still include cash. Perhaps can do if foned/RES advance and only have to collect that ticket etc

I wrote the previous comment because I recalled seeing a payment terminal on that desk.

I also highly doubt if they let you onto an AVE without that airport-imi style luggage check if coming directly from the Francia!?

You can doubt it but I did it about a month ago, as long as you have the stairs and not the escalators (the escalators are one way into the publicly accessible hall).