Solved

Barcelona to Seville - Direct - AVE 3940

• 13 September 2023
  • 2 replies

• Keeps calm and carries on
  • 10 replies

I’m traveling from Barcelona to Seville on Nov 30, 2023 and I’m pleased to see that now I can book AVE trains on the Eurail site.  This journey can be completed with a leg from Barcelona to Madrid and then from Madrid to Seville, which is two separate journeys.  A few weeks I noticed that an AVE 3940 train runs at 7:32 direct from Barcelona to Seville, but the available dates do not coincide with AVE trains for the 2-leg journey.  A few weeks ago, the direct seemed to be available 45 days from the present date, but now it looks like it may have been discontinued after mid-October.  I don’t mind paying double, but it would be nice to do the journey on a direct train rather than transfer at Atocha.  I’m afraid I may wait for the direct train to be available on my date to no avail.  Any insight on this would be appreciated.   Thank you!

icon

Best answer by MartinM 13 September 2023, 13:06

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

30th November is a Thursday, so unlikely to be sold out anytime soon. I would check from time to time if it becomes available and if it doesn’t happen until mid November, then just book the one with a change in Atocha. Renfe often opens sales only a few weeks in advance…

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It seems to be a seasonal train yes. All planners show it as running only until 16th October.

You could wait and see a bit : AVE trains won't sell out far in advance anyway, especially not in November on a busy mainline with multiple trains.