Solved

Berlin to Krakow- reservation

• 31 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi I have been trying to book the EC57 Berlin to Krakow train on 23/6/23 for several weeks. I believe a reservation is required but every time  I try I get reservation cannot be made message.initially I thought this was due to the timetable change 11/6 but this does not to seem to be the case I have tried DB CD and OEBB. Can this train only be booked at a station. Is it likely to sell out ? . I will not be in Europe until 19/6/2023 and this is the only train I have had an issue with so it’s starting to stress me haha 😂 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 1 June 2023, 00:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, are reservations for this trains even open?

Polish railways are alway late with opening bookings. Look on intercity.pl or bahn.com if normal fare booking are open. Also to get an idea how full the trains can be.

This train has some special rules. In Germany the train can be used without reservation, it is optional. 

In Poland the same but I'm not 100% sure. It is only compulsory to get over the border. In your case I would try to get one when you get in Europe and if you don't get a reservation still go to the train maybe making a reservation of intercity.pl for the polish part (this is possible online, but not international legs) and hope that no one asks for tickets. Normaly they do not ask because between the to borders they change train team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Reservations to Poland from 11 June should finally be open now.

However, reservations between Poland and Germany cannot be booked online. Sometimes they can be booked on eurail.com and sent via the post but I'd very much advise against that. Just ask at a ticket office in western/central Europe that can do international reservations, e.g. Germany, Austria, Netherlands, Belgium, Czechia etc.

Alternatively, you can call DB and then collect at the ticket machine.

Thank you! I’ve also noticed that when I was looking a few weeks ago it was deportation Berlin HBF but now it is a different Berlin station. 
If we cannot do this trip do you have any suggestion for route without too many changes on that date?