Skip to main content
Solved

Bernina Express and St. Moritz

• 6 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Does the Bernina Express stop in St. Moritz?  Looks like it doesn’t, though I can choose St. Moritz as a destination point on the Bernina Express website.  Are those non-Bernina regional trains?  Will the journey (views) be the same as the Bernina Express (other than the jog over to St. Moritz instead of Pontresina?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

one Bernina Express per day and direction starts in Chur and takes Albula and Bernina line. The rest starts in St Moritz (only Bernina line), and I think one starts in Davos.

Does the Bernina Express stop in St. Moritz?  Looks like it doesn’t, though I can choose St. Moritz as a destination point on the Bernina Express website.  Are those non-Bernina regional trains?  Will the journey (views) be the same as the Bernina Express (other than the jog over to St. Moritz instead of Pontresina?

one Bernina Express per day and direction starts in Chur and takes Albula and Bernina line. The rest starts in St Moritz (only Bernina line), and I think one starts in Davos.

We are doing Tirano to St. Moritz. As long as I choose a train with a St. Moritz stop, we will get to where we are going.  I just don’t understand how to know whether one or another has the panoramic cars.  (I am aware that many prefer the regular cars with windows that open.  I just like to know my options.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The trains listed as Bernina Express have the panorama carriages (mandatory 32-36 CHF reservation). Departures from Tirano:

• 08:06 to Chur. Change in Pontresina for the last 10 min to St. Moritz
  • 10:06 to St. Moritz
  • 13:17 to St. Moritz
  • 14:24 to Chur. Change in Pontresina for St. Moritz.
  • 16:06 to St. Moritz

(Not all those trains run outside summer.)