Solved

Book reservations to DB

• 5 April 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi, I’m currently in Verona, Italy and was planning on travelling to Vienna tomorrow 6.4.22. I need to take a ECB 88 by Deutsche Bahn so my question is, since they don’t yet use e-reservations, can I make my reservation to DB in Verona? They only have Italian railway ticketbooths and no DB. Can I do the reservation for example in the Regionale Italia counter? If not, how can I make my reservation? Thanks for the answer!

icon

Best answer by Marion 7 April 2022, 14:54

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That EC does not have mandatory reservations (the app is wrong). You can make one via ÖBB (3€) or DB (4€) if you want

Since reservations are not mandatory, it doesn't matter if you print them or not.

There is a 10€ pass holder supplement, however. You can buy that online from ÖBB but the price in the train is the same and some ticket inspectors don't ask for it.

Trenitalia should also be able to make a reservation at the ticket counter, if they're already back in operation after the recent hacker attack. But it might be they also charge the 10€ supplement together with it.

Thanks for the quick response! Bought the ticket with 4e just to be sure :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

FRom my knowledge Tre-IT will NOT handle these trains-run by a naughty competitor-the cooperating TreNOrd/OeBB/DB have their very own stands/counters-only in the stations where these trains stop. IF you buy the 10€ supplmt there-they should be able to also do the REServ-for free-unless the train has already left start station.

UNless this has also changed recently.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Verona has a DB Counter in the station. But you can buy the interrail fee of 10€ also via Trenitalia (including a free reservation), or on board of the train.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

FRom my knowledge Tre-IT will NOT handle these trains-run by a naughty competitor-the cooperating TreNOrd/OeBB/DB have their very own stands/counters-only in the stations where these trains stop. IF you buy the 10€ supplmt there-they should be able to also do the REServ-for free-unless the train has already left start station.

UNless this has also changed recently.

it changed more than 5 years ago, Trenitalia is selling partner of DB-ÖBB Eurocity, I mean 50% of Trenord is of Trenitalia. But DB has ticket offices in Verona, Bolzano/Bozen and Milano.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi Jaakko, OeBB communicated to us that reservation was mandatory on the Verona to Munich train. You can try to travel without it but at your own risk. You can book via Eurail, DB or OeBB your reservation. Be mindful, a supplement also applies on the Italian part. Cheers,

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi Jaakko, OeBB communicated to us that reservation was mandatory on the Verona to Munich train.

I'd advise to re-check this with ÖBB first, since it contradicts all their other information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi Jaakko, OeBB communicated to us that reservation was mandatory on the Verona to Munich train. You can try to travel without it but at your own risk. You can book via Eurail, DB or OeBB your reservation. Be mindful, a supplement also applies on the Italian part. Cheers,

I will refer to my answer under this topic.