Solved

Booking Budapest to Ljubljana seat reservation problems

• 26 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi, wondering if anyone can help, I am trying to book a seat reservation from Budapest to Ljubljana on the 18th of April at 9am.  After following the seat reservation guide posted on here I am still unable to book a seat reservation alone without a ticket being added on. The international pass global price is an option but it appears to only be for domestic trains? Do I have to €17 for the train and the seat reservation?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 26 March 2023, 23:15

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

On the MÁV website, pass reservations only work for some international trains.

You can book this train on tickets.oebb.at, using "Seat reservation only”. Reservation is optional.

On the MÁV website, pass reservations only work for some international trains.

You can book this train on tickets.oebb.at, using "Seat reservation only”. Reservation is optional.

On ÖBB app it’s saying ticket not available? What does this mean thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

"ticket not available” means booking is not possible, for which there are multiple possible causes. One of them being a technical problem, which seems to be the case here. It definitely works via the website.

"ticket not available” means booking is not possible, for which there are multiple possible causes. One of them being a technical problem, which seems to be the case here. It definitely works via the website.

Hi we’ve tried it on the website and it’s still saying ticket not available there’s another train at 9:15 am which says “ticket for section only” should we get this train instead? Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi we’ve tried it on the website and it’s still saying ticket not available

Indeed, but it did show up when I first looked.

there’s another train at 9:15 am which says “ticket for section only” should we get this train instead? Thanks 

That's not "another train”, that's a connection with 5 (or 3) changes. I'd rather take the direct train without the optional reservation.

Just try again later. If you can't book it online, then just do it at a ticket office. Doesn't need to be in Hungary, but it really shouldn't be a problem to do it when you arrive in Budapest.

Hi we’ve tried it on the website and it’s still saying ticket not available

Indeed, but it did show up when I first looked.

there’s another train at 9:15 am which says “ticket for section only” should we get this train instead? Thanks 

That's not "another train”, that's a connection with 5 (or 3) changes. I'd rather take the direct train without the optional reservation.

Just try again later. If you can't book it online, then just do it at a ticket office. Doesn't need to be in Hungary, but it really shouldn't be a problem to do it when you arrive in Budapest.

Great thank you for your help!