Solved

Booking couchette

I would like to book a night train (couchette) in June (Basel to Copenhagen). Although it says that the train can be booked up to 90 days in advance, it seems to have run out of tickets and only shows me the option to reserve a seat. How can I reserve a couchette?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 6 March 2023, 14:08

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no direct night train from Basel to Copenhagen. There's e.g. one from Basel to Hamburg or one from Hamburg to Copenhagen. Could you please specify which night train you're trying to book, including departure time and travel date?

I tried to book the train from Basel to Copenhagen via Hamburg, which leaves Basel at 22.13 (thursday 01/06/2023). The train to Hamburg is the nightjet but there seem to be only seats available. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I tried to book the train from Basel to Copenhagen via Hamburg, which leaves Basel at 22.13 (thursday 01/06/2023). The train to Hamburg is the nightjet but there seem to be only seats available. 

Couchettes Basel-Hamburg are still available on this day.

To book a Nightjet, do NOT use "Seat reservations only” but add the Interrail/Eurail discount and then select "One-way tickets and day tickets”.

"Seat reservations only” only works for the seating coaches attached to the Nightjet and running as IC.

Wow, thank you so much!!!!