Skip to main content

Booking fee on Raileurope.com

• 17 July 2024
  • 1 reply

A couple of weeks ago it looked like raileurope.com had introduced a €7,45 booking fee for reservations-only. A few days later the fee disappeared again. See the last part of this topic (it got a bit off-topic from the original question): 

A few days ago, I had a e-mail conversation with Raileurope about another subject. But I also asked them what this temporary booking fee was about. Was it just a bug or was it their intention to putting fee on reservations only. I got an answer back, that they had no intention to put a fee on reservation.

They also said that if I had been charged for a booking fee, I should contact them. That was not the case for me (I was just worried about future reservations). But if anyone else has been charged for a booking fee from raileurope.com, I would encourage them to contact Raileurope. Maybe you can get a refund (In the e-mail, they said that they would “investigate and assist”). Please include booking reference number.

Palle Dam

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yeah fortunately enough people complained (incl. Mark Smith - The Man in Seat 61).

I still personally think the fee was intentional but with the outcry they didn't manage...