Skip to main content
Solved

Booking for 6 adults and 1 child (4 yo) in a 6-berth sleeper

• 22 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi there, we are planning to take a trip around Europe in September and we were thinking of booking 6-berth sleepers. We are 6 adults and 1 child that is 4 years old. He can share a bed with his mom but I wanted to know if it is possible to book for all of us or if the child doesn’t have to book taking into account he is sharing the bed.

We plan to take these trains:

1. EN40465 - EuroNight from Zurich to Ljubljana
  2. EN476 - EuroNight from Budapest to Krakow

Online I’m not allowed to book for more than 6 pax and I wanted to know if I have to add the child to the reservation even though he will share the bed. Thank you in advance!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I think you'll be fine not to add the 4-year old in the booking if he is sharing the bed.

You could also call ÖBB to ask (+43 5 1717) or ask them via social media, e.g. on Facebook about Zurich to Ljubljana. This is is best booked on nightjet.com, where you add the Interrail/Eurail discount.

Budapest to Krakow can be booked online on cd.cz, where you choose "Reservation only”.

By the way, you're looking for a couchette, a sleeper in “railway speak” is the more luxurious compartment, usually with a max. of 3 passengers.