Solved

Booking reservation at the website

• 6 March 2022
  • 6 replies

It is almost impossible to make reservations through the website for the last 4 days.  Every time I get the message “ A problem repeatedly occurred on …… “.    I tried everything from clearing the cache, rebooted my device and using different browsers.   It was working before and I was able to book some trains.

I have a pass and trying to book seat reservation 

any help is very much appropriated.   There is no customer support link in Eurail website.  This is very frustrating 

icon

Best answer by Nanja 7 March 2022, 09:59

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Customer support is here.

I can use the reservation tool and get to the payment page (using Crome as a browser), but multiple people are complaining about it so there's probably something wrong.

Which train would you like to book? (Origin, destination, date, departure time). There may be an alternative way of booking.

@Nanja, something is seriously wrong.

Customer support is here.

I can use the reservation tool and get to the payment page (using Crome as a browser), but multiple people are complaining about it so there's probably something wrong.

Which train would you like to book? (Origin, destination, date, departure time). There may be an alternative way of booking.

@Nanja, something is seriously wrong.

@rvdborgt The reservation system works with chrome on a MacBook.  But it does not work with safari on MacBook, it doesn’t work on either safari or chrome on iPad and it doesn’t work on either safari or chrome on iPhone.  Considering I am able to book from my home, i was able to get what I wanted.  But while I am traveling it needs to work with my mobile device.  When I say “it doesn’t work”, the website LITERALLY freeze-up when I click “book reservations”.   Sometimes, it goes unto the “select trip” popup but many times it doesn’t even get there.   When it does freeze up, there is no way out, but to crash the web application.   This is not good.  I fervently hope that this is fixed before we begin our travel, because I do plan on making reservation while traveling (that is the point of flexibility with pass).

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Krishk thanks for the description of the symptoms.

@Nanja @Leo @Felipe.iturrieta See the post above for what works and doesn't work and a description of the symptoms. Hopefully you can reproduce and fix the issues.

On my Windows 10 pc:

• I can get to the payment page with Chrome, Opera and Edge.
  • I get stuck in Firefox at the step "Traveller details”, where clicking "Review your order” does not do anything.

I can also get to the payment page in Chrome on Android 10.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Krishk and rvdborgt, thanks for explaining the issue in more detail. Our IT department is working on a fix. I will let you know once I know more. 

Update: the issue has been resolved. 

This issue is not solved. The webpage still doesn’t work. I’ve tried making seat reservations with 3 browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on 3 different devices (two laptops one iphone) and the page just won’t work. 

Sometimes the page just doesn’t open and shows an error message. Other times when it lets me access the page and search for the train, it says I have to “create trip”, after which I have to “add travelers”. After I add travelers, it shows 0 trips and says I have to “create trip”. The loop is never ending. 

When I look at my trips under my account, it adds any new trip I create into “past trips”, not “upcoming trips”. 

The trip I’m trying to book is London to Paris. 

Hi! The website is out the whole night already. My friend and I want to buy an interrail ticket with the 50% off, how do I make sure I get one before the sale ends?