Solved

booking reservation issue

• 24 April 2022
  • 2 replies

We are a family of six.  We currently have planned a trip for a 5-day pass to Italy for all six of us. It appears that the app will not allow me to link my travel plans to my account.  It almost seems as though I have two separate accounts and I can’t link the two accounts.  I want to reserve seats but the system won’t allow me. Please help link my passes to my travel plans so I can proceed to reserve seats.  

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 24 April 2022, 09:51

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Your travel plan will not appear in your account. It wil only be visible in the app.

You should be able to make reservations, even without activating your pass. So where is it that you get stuck when you want to book a reservation?

Further, the best place to make online reservations for day trains within Italy is via ÖBB, using these steps. That will save you 2€ for every seat booked. Trains for the summer timetable (from 12 June) still have to appear there but that should be any day now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This remains an utter puzzle for many-esp from over far oceans; The PASS-which used to be on old-style paper (special prepared paper-to avoid cheating/fiddling etc.) is the ticket-on the days you have activated it.

REServations are not needed for >80% of trains here in EUR-and on others only optional. Just like on the NYC or WAS metro/subway. These can-and are-most often completely separate. In IT however you must REServe for IC and faster FRecce trains, but due to much fraud about this, Tr-It has stopped doing this the simple way-can be done at any staffed train station, but via OeBB=austrian rails this is a kind of sneeky workaround.

Also be aware that most trains nowadays are ´open plan´ with either bays of 4 face-a-face or rows of double seats. A very few old-style trains/wagons may still have single compartments for 6 seats.