Booking seat reservation TGV

Badge

How can I book a TGV seat reservation in july from Paris to Barcelona. I only see a Phone number and no website?

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, you can reserve online only via Interrail.eu website.

Or at ticket offices or by call like SNCF or others. you can get it at NS International ticket office or call center.

Badge

Hi I understand, but I looked on the interraik website for tgv. And then I only see a Phone number and no website where I can book a required seat reservation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Did you try the interrail.eu reservation service?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You need to create an account and then search here for your train : https://www.interrail.eu/en/book-reservations#/

What is your travel date ?

Badge

Yeah I did! 28th of july from paris to barcelona. But in that interrail comment about reservation it does not say a website like wjth the thalys but only a Phone number. How can I reserve my seat then?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yeah I did! 28th of july from paris to barcelona. But in that interrail comment about reservation it does not say a website

It does. In the first option.

Badge

Yeah it first says it is not open yet and then I see a Phone number. I do not see a website to book my seat reservation for the TGV, only for the thalys

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The website is interrail.eu as stated above by @thibcabe . You must log in using your Interrail account to make the reservation. 

This reservation can only be done through the Interrail website or by calling SNCF.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yeah it first says it is not open yet

Where do you see that? Do you have a screenshot? What is your travel date?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This reservation can only be done through the Interrail website or by calling SNCF.

Or NS, NMBS, CFL, SBB.

Badge

Badge

And for thalys there is a website instead of a Phone number

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Paris-Barcelona: what is your travel date? We ask questions with the purpose to help you. We can help you best if you answer all questions asked.

Thalys: the best website to check availability is:

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

This website will only show trains with available seats. If you don't see any trains, then keep clicking on "Earlier trains” or "Later trains”. You can also book there (€4 booking fee per order), in which case you'll need to generate a pass cover number:

You can also book on interrail.eu (booking fee €2 per person and train), via NS (international ticket office or by phone, no booking fee because they don't sell it online or via a ticket machine).

Badge

Yeah that is the website I saw for the thalys but on the 28th of july from paris to barcelona in the TGV, I do not see a website

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Paris-Barcelona on 28 July is already on sale. Same for the Thalys on that date. Amsterdam-Paris with arrival at 12:35 has availability.

@Camilo. @Mukhammad Why is the reservations module showing that reservations are not open yet, when they can already be booked?

Badge

How do you see the TGV is already on sale, because I do not see a way I can book a seat reservation for that day on the TGV, only for the thalys.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

How do you see the TGV is already on sale, because I do not see a way I can book a seat reservation for that day on the TGV, only for the thalys.

Because the SNCF website already sells tickets for it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Paris-Barcelona on 28 July is already on sale. Same for the Thalys on that date. Amsterdam-Paris with arrival at 12:35 has availability.

@Camilo. @Mukhammad Why is the reservations module showing that reservations are not open yet, when they can already be booked?

This, I assume, is because there are now more than 90 days until departure. However, I see already availability for the 27th of July. 

Have a nice day!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This, I assume, is because there are now more than 90 days until departure. However, I see already availability for the 27th of July.

@Camilo. Unfortunately, you did not answer my question. Reservations are open, also for 28 July and dates after that. Then why does the Interrail website not allow to book those?

Badge

But where exactly do you look. I have an interrailpass en I look on interrail.eu. when I want to book a seat reservation for the thalys and tgv on the 28th of july, I only see a website for the thalys but not for the tgv. Does someone see a website for the tgv?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

But where exactly do you look. I have an interrailpass en I look on interrail.eu. when I want to book a seat reservation for the thalys and tgv on the 28th of july, I only see a website for the thalys but not for the tgv. Does someone see a website for the tgv?

This is because the reservation is still not possible on our Portal. I would try tomorrow once more and you will be able to book it directly on Interrail. 

@Camilo. Unfortunately, you did not answer my question. Reservations are open, also for 28 July and dates after that. Then why does the Interrail website not allow to book those?

I will ask internally, but I don't promise any prompt response. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

UPDATE:

We got an answer very fast. Apparently, TGV does not open reservations for these trains yet through other channels even if they are already seen on SNCF. It might be that they would be available once we have the timetable updates. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

UPDATE:

We got an answer very fast. Apparently, TGV does not open reservations for these trains yet through other channels even if they are already seen on SNCF. It might be that they would be available once we have the timetable updates. 

I thought the timetable on the website was now being updated multiple times per week…?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

UPDATE:

I thought the timetable on the website was now being updated multiple times per week…?

Yes, 4 times a week :) As I said, it might be available but not completely sure as TGV is the one deciding sharing this with us. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, 4 times a week :) As I said, it might be available but not completely sure as TGV is the one deciding sharing this with us. 

Yes, the ever so customer-friendly SNCF :/