Solved

Booking seat reservations in Italy and France - ''prices temporarily unavailable''

• 6 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Currently me and my friend are in frankfurt and planning on going to Berlin, Prague, Budapest, Vienna, bari then Rome Florence, Lyon, bourdeux then end in Paris for the rest of our trip. I have a global pass for eurail. We were able to book our reservations from Prague to Budapest via cd.shop. Then Budapest to Vienna without a seat reservation. I was able to use eurail website to book a reservation and pay from Vienna to Rome to bari. The payment went through but the next day I got an email saying that the Rome to bari leg didn't go through and they refunded me not even willing to rebook it for us. when looking for seat reservations for any trip in Italy and even France no options(prices) show up when using the website and it says "prices are temporarily available". I refreshed many times (every hour I searched) and still couldn't get a price. Using Italia rail website to try and reserve seats I couldn't find any trains and it didn't load. How can I travel through Italy to France with eurail?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 7 June 2022, 03:44

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

For reservations for day trains in Italy, the ÖBB website works best (and no booking fees), using these steps. (Note: do NOT use the "Seat only” option.)

For reservations in France or to France, the best is to call SNCF: Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail.