Solved

Booking seat reservations - says ''purchase at ticket office or self service machine''

• 11 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Good morning, we have a question about seat reservation.

Me and my friends booked some travel days in Portugal and in some options it says that seat reservation is required. 

Now, when we try to book them it says that we need to do it at a ticket office or self-service machine so we supposed we have to ignore the warning and book them when we're there.

The problem is that we keep getting emails to not forget to book the seats, so we are not sure on what to do.

Thank you very much.

icon

Best answer by Claudi. 14 August 2022, 08:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

As said: when there, at a CP counter other as in your own ES on RENFE  it usually goes quick and without probs.

These emails-I think you can even think of that by yourself- are just general spam like-I bought a 50% discount pass to use next spring and I also get them every week or so-I am a bit afraid that if I turn off ´mails´ then I also will not get that 1 and only essential mail that maybe says something important.

PLUS that its a kind of money making trial-as usually spam is: they charge an extra 2€-which you can avoid by doing it direct at the company.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh-and if you espanoles only go to PT-and are junior-CP also has its own special offer Portugal Rail Pass-and also for smaller areas and including PT youth hostels=much cheaper.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello, I am sorry that these emails caused such grievance. These were simply automated emails to remind travelers to reserve as far in advance when possible. Indeed, this is not possible for travel in Spain and Portugal. All reservations may only be made at the station :)