Solved

Booking tips requested for the Bernina Express

• 21 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi, I want to book the Bernina Express from Tirano to Chur and one day later from Chur to Tirano. 
I've read that from Tirano to Chur (so from south to north) you best book seats on the left side and from Chur to Tirano (north to south) best on the right side. But… when I want to book, they are saying “No information on the driving direction is available.” so I have no clue what's the left or right side of the train. Now I was thinking maybe I'd best book one directions on one side of the train and the way back on the other side, so at least one way we will enjoy the best view, but this is of course only valid if the train does not turn around, which I actually highly doubt it does. 
Can someone confirm if the train turns around or not? Or does someone know which seat number are on which side of the train? Any other tips for booking the Bernina Express? 
Thanks!! Silke 

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 21 December 2023, 17:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The easiest thing is not to book!

You only need to book for the Panorama coaches. The train also carries regular coaches, which still have great big windows and are generally much quieter. You don’t need a reservation for these, you you can pick seats and switch sides as much as you want.

Either way, you’ll get great views from both sides.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

If you want a new route the next day (not much longer) :

- Chur - Landquart - Samedan (Vereina route)

- Samedan - Pontresina - Tirano (same as the day before)

Connections are easy and straightforward. No reservations, simply hop on.