Solved

Booking trains for clients

I've been on the Eurail site and cannot figure out how to book seats for my clients traveling to Europe this summer. I added the Eurail pass, which they really don't want. But it seems necessary to book seats.  Is this correct? Also, it tells me to add Passenger info and I cannot figure out where or how. Is there a person I can speak with at Eurail please?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 4 May 2022, 00:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The Eurail website is not really geared towards travel agents. If you want to book reservations there, you need to have an account and then add a trip with the pass info. If a normal traveller orders a pass via the website using their account, then a trip with their pass info is automatically created.

I must say I haven't used the Eurail website to book reservations so far because of the added booking  fees (and sometimes postage fees) and because optional reservations are way too expensive compared to DB, ÖBB or ČD.

There is no public Eurail phone number for normal pass holders. I don't know how contacts with travel agents work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Also, it tells me to add Passenger info and I cannot figure out where or how.

Where or at which stage does it tell you this? Do you have a screenshot?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

As EUrail in the past=pre mobile, was quite large in assisting tr-agents (many of whom were small-scale college studenst in USA trying to make a little pocket money by re-selling passes to group-members), this has all but disappeared since covid ruined pax-nrs and the mobile came.

Even though I can remember to have used/or seen it working, it is too long ago and probably also has changed a lot since.