Solved

Bought tickets online but couldn't use Eurail pass app. Can we convert these into Eurail tickets?

• 16 May 2022
  • 1 reply

I have had an awful time using the Eurail App.  I bought 4 passes for our family of four. I have used the app to note first day of travel being May 23.  The app didn’t show availability for travel from Milan to Florence so we bought the last few seats available online, not using the Eurail passes! Now we have incurred another $300 that could have been saved using the pass.

Is there anyway we can convert the tickets (bought online, now printed at home) into tickets using our Eurail passes. We are afraid to cancel the tickets because they may not be available to buy again through the app.  Help!

icon

Best answer by Angelo 16 May 2022, 21:13

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

It is not possible to convert tickets in travel days. If you have Tickets where you can give back the ticket I would look if seats are left and then cancel the tickets if possible. 

The Eurail Resevation service has some problems sometimes and show not correct information. In Italy there is no quota for Eurail users and you can reserve all seats that are free on the train. Reservations can be also done in person in the train stations in Italy and in some countries in Europe if there are seats left. On the route from Milan to Florence there is a high speed train Frecciarossa every 20-30 minutes, very uncommon to not find a single free seat. 

You can reserve online Italien trains via Austrian railways ÖBB using tickets.oebb.at an choosing one way ticket and the discount Interrail/Eurail Global Pass. You will pay only the price of the reservation (10€) and not like via app or website of Eurail also a booking fee on top.