Solved

Brenner pass supplement included

• 6 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi everyone, I have booked seat reservations on eurail.com for my 1st class pass and as stated here (https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/reservations/trains-with-additional-supplements ) I was expecting supplement fee to be included as my reservation costed me 17 EUR per person. Unfortunately I don’t see anything regarding supplement in my PDF confirmation and now support told me, there is no supplement included and that I should buy one. The reservation itself doesn’t cost 17 EUR, so I don’t get it. Anybody has the same experience? Did you have problems with conductor at the train?

Thanks,

Jacob

icon

Best answer by seewulf 6 April 2023, 22:58

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

€17 sounds like a €15 supplement (1st class) and a €2 booking fee.

Could you please post a screenshot of what you bought, so we can see what it is exactly? Erase any personal information.

Screenshot attached. 17 EUR was total price, only reservation is 60 EUR. The same price is on OEBB site. So I guess it should be with supplement, but it’s not written there as it is stated on the website.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yes, that is the correct reservation and supplement at €15 per person for 1st class passholders.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Screenshot attached. 17 EUR was total price, only reservation is 60 EUR. The same price is on OEBB site. So I guess it should be with supplement, but it’s not written there as it is stated on the website.

@JacobCZ  This is a valid Eurocity Reservation & supplement as it´s stated 04 PASS :) The price even looks correct as you pay 15€ in 1st class :) (Iam surprised that the Belgian Ticket system could issue that reservation and even more iam surprised that Eurail started to use the Belgian System :) 

With you ok i would use your picture to show how the supplement could look like :) (The Austrian and Czech Supplement PDf´s looks slightly different) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@JacobCZ  Please inform again the support and say them that this is a valid supplement. 

Looks like the Belgian System issue together with the supplement 15€ a free reservation (When you book via the Czech System it´s the same) 

Ok, thank you for confirmation. I was really surprised when support told me supplement is not there. You can use my image without problem :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Ok, thank you for confirmation. I was really surprised when support told me supplement is not there. You can use my image without problem :)

Thanks. I will cut ot private details like your name :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@seewulf ÖBB also gives a free reservation for 1st class users since last timetable change.

Same for 1st and 2nd when you book Online via Interrail and CD or via ticket office of Trenitalia, DB, SNCB and others. Only ÖBB ask 3€ reservation fee for 2nd class on top.