Solved

Brussels to Amsterdam supplement on intercity?

We are travelling from Brussels to Amsterdam tomorrow Sunday 2nd April. Made decision to take cheap intercity. Looking on planner it's now asking to pay supplement. I think for the airport we don't want obviously! Also train now taking 3h 15m instead of 2h 50m. Can anyone tell me do we have to pay this on board or before hand? Do we have to pay if we are not using airport? We are a family of 6. Thanks 

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 1 April 2023, 21:40

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No, there's no supplement at all for the IC train. Simply board the train and find free seats :)

The train takes 3h16 tomorrow because there are engineering works between Rotterdam and Amsterdam.

Thanks, the app could do with an update then if any admin sees this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes it's a known problem and the admin didn't correct the mistake... :/

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

They know that this is incorrect. I just hope it will be removed with the next update. If not, maybe I'll let NS know that the rail planner app is displaying incorrect information about their trains.

Thanks all. 

I wonder does any one know how to find out where first class carriages are in this train. Are they normally at the front like in UK? 

Thanks all. 

I wonder does any one know how to find out where first class carriages are in this train. Are they normally at the front like in UK? 

Normally, there are seven carriages. Number 2 and number 6 (if you do count from one end) are first class. 

No, there's no supplement at all for the IC train. Simply board the train and find free seats :)

The train takes 3h16 tomorrow because there are engineering works between Rotterdam and Amsterdam.

Dude thank you man, I've been looking all over for the IC supplement whatever. Glad I don't have to pay even more. 👍

Hello everybody,

we have to travel from Amsterdam to Brussels on 28th July, the app still says that we have to pay a supplement. Can you confirm we don’t have to pay anything? We are a bit worried...

Hello everybody,

we have to travel from Amsterdam to Brussels on 28th July, the app still says that we have to pay a supplement. Can you confirm we don’t have to pay anything? We are a bit worried...

Hey bro just got on the Brussel train to Amsterdam a couple days ago. There is no supplement, nor was I ever approached for a supplement. Your good man

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I can confirm. The app shows this because the timetable data from Dutch railways contains erroneous information. The supplement only applies to domestic tickets and Interrail is an international ticket.

Thank you very much!!!