Solved

Brussels-Wien reservation not available

• 20 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Hey!

Me and my girlfriend recently bought an interrail global pass that allows us to travel 5 days within one month. We already chose our destinations and it seems that we only have to make one reservation in our entire trip. For our first train, we travel from Bruxelles-Nord to Wien Meidling on June 27st. Our train leaves at 19:43 and directly goes to Wien, arriving at 9:11 the next day. I have been trying to make a reservation for the two of us with Interrail, Deutsche Bahn and CD, but all of the platforms indicated that the reservation was impossible. However, they didn’t give me any reasons for it. I was wondering if the train might already be fully booked, but when I tried to book via the Belgian railway (NMBS) platform, I didn’t get any problem notifications so there must be some places left. Could it then be that it’s still too early to make a reservation? Have you any suggestions for me? Would it be a good idea to go to the Bruxelles-Nord railway station and make the reservation personally?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 20 May 2022, 20:59

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can book this train at an NMBS international ticket office indeed (it doesn't need to be Brussel-Noord), or via the ÖBB website. You have to add the "Interrail / Eurail” discount and then look for normal tickets (do NOT choose "Seat only”).