Solved

Bruxelles - Athens

• 7 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello I want to go from brussels to athenes. I have my Brussels-Vienna and Vienna-Budapest reservation. But then I do not manage to have a train and more itinerary? I saw that there is a night train from Belgrade to Thessalonikki but there again I have no more information

Merci

icon

Best answer by runner.on.rails 7 July 2021, 21:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Hello I want to go from brussels to athenes. I have my Brussels-Vienna and Vienna-Budapest reservation. But then I do not manage to have a train and more itinerary? I saw that there is a night train from Belgrade to Thessalonikki but there again I have no more information

Merci

Hello Marie-Anne

As far I know the Hellas Express does not operate in the moment. Please send an email to Macedonian state railways, they answer very fast. So you can get the most actual information.

mztransportad@mztransportad.com.mk

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I have the same informations as @runner.on.rails  means taking a bus from Belgrade to Thessaloniki

Please note that even the Route Budapest - Belgrade is still closed for renovation on the section Novi Sad - Belgrade :/ Trains operate Budapest - Kelebia with connection to Novi Sad from Novi Sad you have to take a bus to Belgrade that is not included :/

The 2nd Route via Bucharest - Sofia - Thessaloniki is even still not in operation and you have to take a bus atleast from Kulata (last bulgarian Station) to Strimmon that is not included :/

Greece is very hard to reach by trains
Usually there a 3 Options but all are currently not in operation

Option 1 seasonal Nighttrain “Hellas Express” Belgrade - Nis - Skopje - Gevgelija - Thessaloniki with a included BusReplacement of GreekRail “TrainOSE” from Gevgelija - Thessaloniki
Option 2 daily daytrain from Sofia - Kulata - once more busreplacement at the border - Strimon - Thessaloniki
Option 3 the once per week in summer season Nighttrain from Bucharest via Sofia to Thessaloniki this was in the last years the only train that really entered Greece (without any bus replacement on a section)

Merci 😊